Coloma United Methodist Church
Prescription 1 Developing Clear, Vision, Goal Setting and Structure Realignment
● a. yes vote complete
● b. service of prayer, healing, and forgiveness complete
● c. Visioning workshop complete
○ Vision statement: “Compassionate people: seeking, sharing, serving; discovering the love of Jesus, together”
● d. goal setting workshop complete.
○ continue to take prescriptions
○ include one new person per month in the life of the church
○ involve (two or more activities) one new person per month
● e. Ministry audit team has completed their work.
■ discontinue participation in the Parish Nurse program through Lakeland Medical.Action taken effective June 30, 2015.
■ discontinue ‘sponsoring church’ relationship with Lighthouse Ministries of Benton Harbor. In discussion
■ design pilot programs to augment existing service programs to make them more relational. In discussion
● f. Job descriptions done
● g. Moving to governance model of organization
○ a. study of book “Winning of Purpose” completed
○ b. governance model workshop scheduled for Sept 8, 2015, 6:30pm
○ c. implementation of new governance model by fall 2015
■ First phase completed January 1, 2015 to separate existing council into two mutually accountable bodies :
Vision and Ministry, and Operations. Vision and Ministry Team to consist of 6 Ministry Teams: Worship,Hospitality, Missions,
Communications, Congregational Development, and Congregational Care.
■ Second phase establishment of new Church Council to take effect January 1, 2016. Leadership Development Team beginning work
to recruit council representatives.
a compassionate people, seeking, serving, sharing, discovering the love of Jesus, together.