a compassionate people, seeking, serving, sharing, discovering the love of Jesus, together.
Coloma United Methodist Church
Christmas 2016 - "Christmas Traditions"
Sunday Morning Worship Services
- HOPE - Isaiah 40:9-11 - Advent Traditions at 9:15 and 11:14am
- JOY - Isaiah 9:2-7 - Gift Giving Communion at 9:15 and 11:14am
- PEACE - Isaiah 11:1-5 - Greenery at 9:15 and 11:14am.
The 11:14 service included a special Bethlehemian Rhapsody presentation.
Sunday Morning and Special Evening Worship Services -
- LOVE - Luke 2:1-20, Matthew 2:1-11 - Nativity Creche. This is “bring a kid” Sunday. We will put them in costumes so they can recreate a living nativity creche as we read the Christmas story. Pictures allowed and encouraged.
- Our annual "Blue Christmas" service, especially for those who are hurting this holiday season.
Sometimes we are in need of peace and support,
not joy and merriment.
Local singer songwriter Andy Baker joined us,
sharing his touching songs this year.
Silent Night for our annual Christmas Eve Candelight service, with lots of music, candles, and the Christmas story. We'll sing many of the old favorite hymns, as Pastor Ron supplies some of the hymns' history. Then we'll light our individual candles, and sing the Silent Night hymn, in solemn celebration. Emmanuel!
- CHRIST - Christ Mass - Open your gifts, then gather together for a special communion service. A brief pause in the busy season to remember the reason for the season. Come in your PJs if you want.
- LOVE FEAST. Ring in the New Year in our Community Hall. Feast on breads, cheeses, fruit, and Christmas goodies as we sing some carols, share our Christmas stories, and make our resolutions for the coming year.
These videos were produced by United Methodist Communications.
Last year's Advent to Christmas 2016
Please note - this page is last year's events - 2016!!
These photos are from the December 4th services. The Magi brought gifts of Communion bread and wine for all to share in the gift of Christ and salvation.
Throughout the season members of the congregation have shared their photos for this site and the Facebook page.